Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Disks aren't recognized.

• Please log in to reply

karma2007

karma2007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been having some iPod problems lately in which the iPod isn't recognized by my computer. But that's not why I come to you guys. Using one of the iPod "fixes" from the Apple website, my D drive had vanished. It is not listed on "My Computer" and disks I put in aren't recognized.

I'm running Windows XP and this happened right after the "fix" which I think did something to my registry, is there anything I can do, short of buying a new computer. I only come to you guys because the fix involved one of your progams, something like swandog46.

Please help.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
one of our programs?

We do not have any programs. We may ask users to use certain programs, but generally only an experts guidence. I looked and it does not appear as if anyone told you to use anything. If you used it improperly and caused a problem, to help we need to know what program it is to walk you out of it.

Can you point me toward

a) the program

b) the fix you found from apple?

I suspect it may be an upper or lower filters registry entry, but based on your information, I cannot begin to guess.

karma2007

karma2007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright, I got my drives working again after looking in the registry, but what I do want to point out is the program I used that had your name on it. (geeks to go)

http://discussions.a...threadID=239633

I did exactly as the steps indicated and it saw success to many but me, I just had the joy of having my disk drives eliminated.

My iPod still is not working, not that it's your problem, unless of course you see a way to fix it.