Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Processes

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys,
I noticed I have approx 33 processes running on my PC. Now lately, it has been crashing and when I checked it, it was using 100% of processing power. I noticed there are quite a bit of svchost.exe runing. I do not know just what I shoud stop running in order to reduce the work of the CPU. I mainly play Games like Joint Ops. Once again, I have lost my Internet connection while on line for some reason or other. Not sure if the two are related though.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Proc : Intel Cel 2.4
Mother board : Via P4M266A.8235
Graphic card : Nvidia FX 5600
RAM : 768 MBs DDR.
HD Max 200 Gig.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The huys on the windows forum may be of more use to you than many of us lowly hardware techs when it comes to what it is safe to close, svchost.exe you cant close i know that its a system process. I would say maybe check out the malware forum as well first and get them to check your PC(follow the guidlines for that forum though).

To me your problem doesnt really sound like a hardware one, i may be wrong but i would feel more comfortable if your PC was checked for soft problems before we get you tinkering away.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thanks Warrior for the quick reply. much appreciated. I shall do like you suggested asap.

Cheers again.