Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2: installation problem

• Please log in to reply

paulmceldowney

paulmceldowney

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, i am new, and i just bought call of duty 2.
When I put the first disk in the computer, the cd autoplays and the menu comes up. I click on "install" and then I get a message "_is53.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then nothing happens. The TMP file changes every time but starts as "_is" and then a number or letter follows. I think there might be something wrong with Installshield, but I don't know.

Please help me, i want to play. :tazz:

Advertisements

paulmceldowney

paulmceldowney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
bump

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello paulmceldowney and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Try deleting all files in your temporary folders, try shutting down all unnecessary background tasks and try renaming the InstallShield folder.

The InstallShield folder is in c:\program files\common files folder, rename it to something like InstallShieldOld and restart the installation. The installation will install the latest version of InstallShield.

paulmceldowney

paulmceldowney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the help

MrMyke

MrMyke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just wanted to thank Zeus for this tip! (And thanks to all the helpers at this great site). My prob was with the DVD ed. of Medal of Honor Pacific Assault. Couldnt get the Installshield to load...just kept going to last box on the load bar, then hung. I used this tip (renamed the old installshield file) and woooooohooooooo. Instant fix. What a great piece of info. Glad I found this place. Thanks for being here, and hopes this helps others to know this tip works for OTHER games besides COD.

dennxster

dennxster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hay!!!

I have problem during instalation Call if Duty 2.Instalation complete succesfuly and when I star game ,and begin play ,on screen shows message :The instruction at "0x00434634" refernced mamory at "0x00000014".The memory could not be read.
I don't know what else to do,I try myn solutions but none gave me some result.Any help is precious!!!!
Thanx!!!

dennxster

dennxster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi again!

I have problems with Direct X,it can't upload...tell me what's the problem.I really don't understand why this Call of duty 2 meks me all this problems.Can someone tell me all what I need to instal this game succesfully or can give me some information about that.

Thanx

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello dennxster and welcome to Geeks to Go!

What are your system specs?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Can you guys make a new thread for a new problem.

viper2843

viper2843

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same issue with installation with the _is**.tmp files encountering a problem. I have tried everything in this thread and none of it has worked for me. I have a P4 2.0 Ghz, 1.5GB ram, GeForce 6600 256MB graphics card so I know it will run. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Advertisements

mikey28

mikey28

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi all
am new to this geekstogo (friend told me about ur site) and am hoping that you will be able to help me finally play cod2
ive installed the game and restarted my comp and all that .....but when i click on my desktop icons to play either single or multi player games ...it starts to load then it all goes dark and my comp as turned off like restarted its self it does this whenever i click on either games to play can anyone help me finally play cod2 :whistling:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello mikey28 and welcome to G2G!

What are the specs of your PC?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click on the system button > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

First of all please turn off auto restart on error as this might give us a blue screen to work with.

Right click my computer > click properties > click advanced > click settings under startup and recovery > untick automatically restart on error > click ok > click apply and restart your PC.

If the PC blue screens note down the information and paste it with your next post.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 06 November 2006 - 01:31 PM.

mikey28

mikey28

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 512 MB
CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+
CPU Speed: 1996.5 MHz
Sound card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Display Adapters: RADEON 9200 SERIES | RADEON 9200 SERIES - Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: USB Cable Modem 351000 #2 - Packet Scheduler Miniport | VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: SONY DVD RW DW-U18A | E: SONY DVD-ROM DDU1613
:
COM Ports: COM3 | COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 183.8GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 44.1GB
USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.
:
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: MS-6741
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 051204 AMIINT 10
Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: MSI MS-6741
Modem: CNXT V9x PCI Modem

hope this helps you help me .... i think its ok to run the game but for some reason just keeps shutting down when i go to play it ......

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Do you have the latest hardware drivers installed?
Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Uninstall the game, delete any left over folders/files, run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner to cleanup the registry and temp file folders. Restart your pc, install the game again and then install the patches in order.

mikey28

mikey28

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi
am not to sure about having the latest hardware drivers installed i havent added anything to the comp if you mean that...... am not to good with comp's lol

i tried installing the game again and then clicked on it to play it and that blue screen came up saying that my comp restarted because of an error........

*** stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFAE7A36, 0xB205FAF4, 0x00000000)

*** ATI3D2AG. D11 - ADDRESS BFAE7A36 BASE AT BFA22000,
DATESTAMP 3EFA09E9

hope this helps because i havent the foggest lol ..... :whistling: