Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2: installation problem

• Please log in to reply

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The 0x0000008E error can be caused by dodgy RAM.

Try running Memtest86+ on your PC to see if it detects anything.

Advertisements

mikey28

mikey28

• Pip
  • 5 posts
where do i get this memtest86+ from ??

am really bad with comp's .. dont really know anything

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
http://www.memtest.org/

mikey28

mikey28

• Pip
  • 5 posts
this memtest isnt letting me download it
ive tried so many times its not letting me run it or save it ....

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Go to the prebuilt & iso's section and download either the ISO or the floppy disk version.

The ISO version will have to be unzipped and then burnt to a CD using your CD burning software. Once you've burnt it, restart the PC with the CD in, it should boot straight off the CD and begin testing.
The floppy disk vesion is quite similar. Unzip the file and run the install.bat file. Command prompt will open with some instructions, insert a floppy disk, type in the drive letter of your floppy drive (usually A) and press enter twice. After a few seconds it will tell you the process is complete, leave the disk in and restart your PC.

geenyus

geenyus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just bought the game today and can't install it. Installshield starts running and soon after i get the error code: "Error 1327. Invalid Drive M:". Can anyone help?

Dr Pete

Dr Pete

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Zeus,

I wanted to second MrMyke's kudos for your solution. I was on another post with my inability to install MOH patches and the 3DMark benchmarks when I happened across your answer to paulmceldowney, and reinstalling InstallShield. I was unable to rename it (Vista permissions being what they are) but I did delete it, and PRESTO I was able to install them!

Many thanks!

Raghzor

Raghzor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, I was going to install my COD2 again after a one and a half years break. When it's 3-4 files left it sais: "Error 1305.Error reading from file E:\Setup\Data\main\localized_english_iwo7.iwd. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it". Well, whehn I check the file out I can see it in the map.. I have no idea how to "access" it but I'd love to if you could help me as fast as possible! Thank you!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try cleaning your cd and see if that helps. If it doesn't, the try coping the cd to the hard and then run the install from there.

Raghzor

Raghzor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks alot dude! I thought I ahd to wait days ^^

Advertisements

Raghzor

Raghzor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
LOL WHAT THE [bleep]! now is it E:\Setup\Data\main\localized_english_iw00.iwd.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
either your cd has become to scratched/dirty to read or your having problems with your cd/dvd drive.

Raghzor

Raghzor

• Pip
  • 4 posts
no the drive works just fine

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Do you have another CD/DVD drive you can try installing it with?

badzo5

badzo5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all there, .....the topic title......i put my cd in and start the game installshield wiz to install,the i click next on the first window that shows up. I think that u get a winow with the cd key after the first one-NVM...when i click next this window shows up saying: error creating dialog: CDkey check. And then the installshield just closes, closes the proces, if u know what i mean. Remember that this is the same cd that i installed the game 6 months ago.
Could someone please help me as soon as possible!

THANX!