Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with Macromedia Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

keegen

keegen

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I've had this problem for a while now. I'm running Windows XP Pro on a system that uses DSL and has a software and hardware firewall.

The problem is anytime I go to a site that uses Macromedia Flash Player I get a message that says something to the effect of "you need to install Macromedia Flash Player to view/use this site properly" I've had it installed for years but no mater how many times I uninstall and reinstall it I get the same message. I tried installing it today from a link on Microsoft Software Forum Network and got this message "Setup could not find your browser's plugins directory...You may install the plugin into a different directory but the plugin may not work properly with your browser".

Now looking around I notice that on my C drive I have a folder called Documents and Settings and one called Documents and SettingsX. I don’t see any files in"...SettingsX" folder but when I try to delete it I get a "this folder can not be deleted because it is a system folder". I don't know if the two things are related but it is suspicious.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by keegen, 25 November 2005 - 06:17 PM.

Advertisements