Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM

• Please log in to reply

kaydb

kaydb

• Pip
  • 5 posts
AOL AIM will not start at all. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it...i've tried scanning my comp for spyware and virues and what not, i've tried uninstalling the spyware/virus programs then reinstalling them. nothing. :) it just stopped working one day out the blue. anybody know what to do??!? :tazz:

Advertisements

Chuckfoo

Chuckfoo

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
You may want to try trillian, i feel that its much better, sorry i couldnt help with AIM.

kaydb

kaydb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what is trillian?

Chuckfoo

Chuckfoo

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings.

Without stealing your home page and with no other included software, pop-ups, or spyware, Trillian provides unique functionality such as contact message history, a powerful skinning language, tabbed messaging, global status changes (set all networks away at once), Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration), contact alerts, an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client, docking, hundreds of emoticons, emotisounds, shell extensions for file transfers, and systray notifications.

download it here

I only use it for AIM, its great, try it out its free.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

AOL AIM will not start at all. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it...i've tried scanning my comp for spyware and virues and what not, i've tried uninstalling the spyware/virus programs then reinstalling them. nothing. :) it just stopped working one day out the blue. anybody know what to do??!? :tazz:

do you have the latest version?
check at http://www.aim.com

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings.

Without stealing your home page and with no other included software, pop-ups, or spyware, Trillian provides unique functionality such as contact message history, a powerful skinning language, tabbed messaging, global status changes (set all networks away at once), Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration), contact alerts, an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client, docking, hundreds of emoticons, emotisounds, shell extensions for file transfers, and systray notifications.

download it here

I only use it for AIM, its great, try it out its free.

trillian is awesome! but not without its own problems, at least when I had it last :tazz: