Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

EasyRecovery Professional/ Help with JPEG files

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
I've recovered some JPEG files using EasyRecover Professional. Some of them are totally fine but some of them only show up thumbnails but no real thing; but some of them are totally nothing - no thumbnails, failed come up.

But, all of them have their original size and take up that much space in the computer. SO I'm just wondering is there some sort of JPEG repair application that I can use to retrieve them? They're kinda important.

Cheers

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
what file recovery method did you choose? was this from a hdd or other device?

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
I just followed the wizard of EasyRecovery Professional, I recovered the photos from local harddrive, cheers.

Have been trying a couple JPEG recovery applications but still no luck :S

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if Irfanview will open them

http://fileforum.bet...c...5D=2&os[]=3

Get the plug ins as well

If you are lucky it will say error with name, do you want to rename, then when you click yes, they open

It would also depend on the interval between deletion and recovery and the amount written to the drive while they were deleted

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Nope, no luck with the Irfanview :S

uesquebeathus

uesquebeathus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
try this web sites for a jpeg recovery tools
free
http://codesink.org/recover.html
not free
http://www.recovermy...r_Graphics.html

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi uesquebeathus, thanx for the reply :tazz: I have tried both but unfortunately they didn't work for me. I thought I didn't write anything into the disk since those photos were wiped but I must've been wrong. Only about 30% were recovered, the rest either only showed thumbnails or didn't show up anything at all.

Cheers