Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

GUN crashes

• Please log in to reply

Huh

Huh

• Pip
  • 4 posts
HELP!!!!!

I have just purchased GUN. It crashes my system constantly. I have the ATI Radeon All In Wonder 9600xt graphics card and I have downloaded the latest greatest drivers.

Any one else having trouble with GUN.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello huh and welcome to Geeks to Go!

What are your system specs?
Does the game crash or does the whole PC crash?
If it's the game does it crash while loading or while playing?

Huh

Huh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Winndows XP Home Edition 2002 Version(Service Pak 2)
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz
512 MB of Ram
ATI All In Wonder with RADEON 9600 XT 128MB Video Card. Updated to latest 5.11 drivers.

The game starts fine and thru the first 10 minutes of the game I have no problem. But as soon as I progress to the part of the game where the story line really starts which is when I am first entering Dodge City I notice video hesitation. I can continue but in the next few minutes the game crashes. When this happens I cannot do anything but hit Cnt,Alt,Delete to get my system rebooted and running again.

The error report sent to Microsoft states it encountered a problem with my drivers.

I am not entirely pleased with my video drivers. I would say they are flakey at best but games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas while crashing once in a while still allow me to make progress.

GUN alway seems to crash around the same point in time.

Its a new game for the PC so maybe a patch is going to be released either by the maker of the game or perhaps ATI. I dont know. I am frustrated.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Does it crash when you lower the resolution and/or quality settings?
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers and .NET 1.1?
Have you tried older drivers?
Have you updated your motherboard and sound card drivers?
Have a look at the troubleshooting guide

Huh

Huh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank You.

I have done all that you mentioned except updating my motherboard and sound drivers. I am not experienced in this field and late last week I had a major windows XP meltdown and ended up reformatting and reinstalling windows. The drivers for the motherboard and sound would all be original right off the CD.

I will say that the problems I had with GUN casued my XP meltdown but I do not know if I had updated drivers at that point.

I will look at the trouble shooting guide.

This is a great site.