Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Was this a good buy

• Please log in to reply

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
okay well i was on ebay ans i brought a dual pentium III asus mother board with 2 retail pentium processors im asking if this would be a better buy than a single P4 1.8 ghz or w/e i got this mother board for 60 and i also wanted to kno if there was any good liquid cooling systems for a dual P 3 computer cheaper the better lol i want one of them ones that have the huge tubes them really big tubes lol dont kno where to find them thanx for helping

This is what i bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/.....AMEWN:IT&rd=1

oh yea and also can i expand the memory on there to 1gig like 4 256mb rams does it look like its 4 slots there i cant tell thanx again

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You would have been cheaper getting newer kit. Water cooling is very espensive.

Edited by warriorscot, 26 November 2005 - 10:09 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Most dualie Mb's are used in servers where there is a lot of data transfers. That said, this would be a much faster computer.

http://www.tigerdire...=MBM-P4M800-340

I dont think those cpu's would even need any water cooling at all. But if you really want water cooling you might read up here.

http://www.overclock...ist/index31.asp

SRX660

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
woah so i guess i did pretty gud so my pc will move fast a little i guess i just wunt the cooling syste cause imma do some overlocking and stuff and it looks cool have u any idea where i can get the one with the big tubes lol thanx

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not really its a pretty under powered and archaic system the P4 cpus have been out a very long time, and overclocking they arent goin to be great not worth $50 really, it will make a half decent home server for file storage maybe but dont expect to use it for much else it wont be a gaming or video editing rig anytime soon. A water cooling kit wold be a real waste of money as one to fit that system would be as old as it is and water cooling back then was risky, noisy and even more expensive than it is now.