Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting word 2003 docs to word 97

• Please log in to reply

avil77

avil77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello:
I have 2 computers: an old one running windows 98 and word 97, and a newer one running winxp and word 2003. I have a lot of docs from the new that I would like to use in my old computer. Is there a fast way than opening each file in the new computer and saving it in the special format? any utilty that does the job?
Thank you very much

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Should be able to do this from Word 2003 itself. Change the filter and there's usually an option in there to save as Word '97.

Third party utilities to do this can be very hit and miss because Microsoft's file formats are often unfathomably hard to work with, and its often quicker just to open in 2003 and convert from there.

avil77

avil77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The problem is that I need to convert many files. Is there any 3rd party utilty you know about?