Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows error accessing CD-RW files

• Please log in to reply

jhbryan

jhbryan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I access a file on a CD in the CD drawer with a double-click on the file name, I get a message that Windows has encountered a serious error that should be transmitted to Microsoft. At the same time, all icons and the taskbars disappear from the desktop. I received a message from Microsoft telling me that I should update the DLA driver, which is not supplied or supported by Microsoft, but have not been able to locate a downloadable driver that is specific to my machine, a Pavilion 732c desktop model. Veritas and Sonic apparently supply such a driver. HP support people tell me that my drivers are all up-to-date.
I AM able to drag and drop a file to another storage unit (hard disk or flash drive) and access it from there without this problem, but this is only a (pitiful) workaround. Is there help for this?

Advertisements