Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling a few programs preventing my internet access

• Please log in to reply

Rikity

Rikity

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ZoneAlarm, eTrust Armor, Firewall and Antivirus are in someway preventing access to the internet, i am at a friends house trying to find an answer to my problem, i cannot get my internet access back, an uninstaller for each of these programs, or an understandable solution would be great :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
First, have you tried shutting them all down, without uninstalling, to see if it has any effect on your problems. It may well be that they have nothing to do with your slow connection, there are many possible causes, malware, incorrect configuration, missing or corrupted files.

Also, what kind of connection do you have? It's very hard to help when we don't know your situation.

Rikity

Rikity

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a 2.2 mbps connection with Aol.
i was told that zonelabs or eTrust had closed my internet off because of some virus, i shut them down and i still can't go on sites from my internet browser

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It's very likely that the virus corrupted some files used by your connection and that was why they were removed. They just need to be replaced with uncorrupted ones for your connection to work. Can you supply any more information, such as what files are misssing. You can download .dll files from here

http://www.nodevice.com

just click on the DLL link.