Create Account Login to Account

DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics adapter

• Please log in to reply

tattoolover420469

tattoolover420469

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Alright, I got the Sims 2 and it loaded up good and everything but then when I went to run it a message came up saying that I needed to download DirectX 9.0c. Well, I went to several websites and downloaded it and the message still pops up. If anyone has anything that would help me out please let me know. I believe that my video card is Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller. If you need anymore information please comment me back. Thank you for taking time out to read this. :tazz:

Advertisement

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,392 posts
Did you try to download and install direct x 9.0c?

That video card is an integrated and you probably need a new video card.

tattoolover420469

tattoolover420469

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes, I have downloaded and installed it.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello tattoolover420469 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Your Intel 82810 graphics card isn't supported by the game so that could be a problem. It could also be your graphics card driver being out of date, so you could try updating it from the intel website.

Link to driver

What are your system specs?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The intel integrated graphics dont support direct x 9.

hip_notic

hip_notic

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
on my little sisters emachine she has intel integrated graphics and she runs sims 2 just fine

Edited by hip_notic, 28 November 2005 - 02:10 PM.

tattoolover420469

tattoolover420469

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
How do I find out my system specs?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 25,851 posts
  • MVP
http://www.alexnolan...are/sysspec.htm

download and run that...

but...as was mentioned before...the graphics card that you have...is not capable of running direct x 9....it's just not gonna happen

hockeygall101

hockeygall101

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Alright, I got the Sims 2 and it loaded up good and everything but then when I went to run it a message came up saying that I needed to download DirectX 9.0c. Well, I went to several websites and downloaded it and the message still pops up. If anyone has anything that would help me out please let me know. I believe that my video card is Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller. If you need anymore information please comment me back. Thank you for taking time out to read this. :blink:

I have the sims 2 on my computer but now when i try to play it is tell me i cant because i dont have directx 9.0 compatable graphic adaptors but befor i moved i was able to play the game on the same computer and i never had any problems i have gone to many different sites and downloaded it but i still get the same message what do i do it is makeing me really really mad :whistling: :help:

Edited by hockeygall101, 06 February 2007 - 01:39 PM.

Miss Prissy

Miss Prissy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELLO I NEED SOME HELP I NEED TO DOWNLOAD DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO AND DOWNLOAD IT FROM COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE I HAVE A WINDOWS VISTA :) :)

Advertisement