Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

An Error Message!

• Please log in to reply

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I receive the following error message on THIS IMAGE all of the sudden at random times when I am useing my computer. Please help me if you can, and do not be afraid to click the "THIS IMAGE" sub-link. :tazz: The sub-link leads a URL link to the image of the Error Message. You will have to maximize the web URL screen to see the image for it's full version of picture/pixels. The Error Message asks me to download software/tools to fix the issue.

HELP ME! :)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Iron-Wolf...

This is caused by malware. I hope you haven't downloaded the registry repair program...it's useless at best and can cause severe problems at it's worst...

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Oh.. Thank you so very much, but the bad thing is.. I installed the program that the Error Message asked me to install. :) I did a Registry Scan about 17 times and erased everything. Are you sure that it is a bad program that will mess up my computer? Otherwords though, I am definetelly going to un-install the program! I will check out the Malware Forum that you recommended to me. Thanks for the support! :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Iron-Wolf...

As I said, it's basically worthless and usually generates false fixes...it will eventually (if it hasn't already) try to get you to buy it or other programs (equally useless). If you haven't suffered any ill effects, you are probably ok...I visit the malware forum anyway to get it and anything else that may be there out of your machine.

wannabe1

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Alright.. Thanks again for the support! :tazz: