Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vsdata95.vxd is missing

• Please log in to reply

Jessica J.

Jessica J.

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello. I have a computer running Windows 98 that upon boot up, mentions that the file vsdata95.vxd is missing. I did a little research on this through google, and found that ZoneAlarm *which was recently uninstalled from this machine* can cause this problem. What I'm needing to know is how to go about putting this file back on the system. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I don't find that file on this win98 machine, it may be a ZA file which you no longer need, but the link is still in the registry. You can go Start>Run, type in msconfig, hit OK, and remove the file from the start menu to fix the problem. If the file is needed you can reverse this.

Jessica J.

Jessica J.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you for replying. I don't have time right now to do what you suggested, but as soon as I get time I'm going to try that. I hope it works. Anyways, thanks again for replying.

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Here is a different option if you need it: http://www.annoyance...n98/r1018239655