Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Encoding dvds on dvd pro for a mac

• Please log in to reply

FGM

FGM

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Does any onw know what i needs to do to encode my dvds so they cant be copyed? I am useing dvd pro on a mac.

Thanks

FGM

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hi,

Unfortunately you can't.

The copy protection on the DVD's you buy at the shop use a process that "presses" the DVD's rather then burn, you can get a company to do this for you, it costs $100?AU for the master copy, then about $1 each other copy (when u order 1000). Even still this does not fully protect the DVD from being copied.

Sorry.

Methods to prevent it:

1. Put "WARNING: It is illegal to copy this disc, on the start of the movie and the dvd case.

2. I have never done it, nor seen anyone do it, but if you damage the disc (digitally or physically) that may prevent it from being copied, for example, if dvd pro shows where your files are stored on the disc, u could add a dummy video and find where that is stored on the disc and scratch that section, it wouldn’t affect it when u play it in dvd player because you wouldn’t have a reference to it, but it might stop the computer from being able to copy the disc...

3. I have heard of software that puts a copy once protection on..??? meaning you can only make one copy of a disc, so what u could do is give out the copies which cant be copied... but it would be easy to get around.. I have no idea what the software is, a company that presses dvd’s told me they could do it for laser burning dvds.

Edited by st22, 27 November 2005 - 11:52 PM.

FGM

FGM

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
so you cant use algorythems or anything like that to encode it?

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
maybe? you would have to invent it... youd be really really famous if you did!

BCN_246 has a good idea - watermark. :

http://club.cdfreaks...ad.php?t=133578