Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XBOX

• Please log in to reply

FGM

FGM

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
3 6 0

This thing flipin rock. The grapics are unbeliveble and the game play for some of the games are intence and sooooooooo extrem. If you have a chance get one. This thing is the thing of the furture. I havnt stoped playing my mine to well.....Today..l o l.

Edited by FGM, 27 November 2005 - 09:37 PM.

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
it will be owned by Playstation 3 and Nintendo Revolution but its still a next-Gen console

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Consoles are just not leet, besides why wait in a que or on a waiting list when you can get a PC that has just the same gfx output more games and you can do lots of other things like play proper FPS games and actually have a decent hard drive size.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's amazing how they keep tryin to make the gaming consoles more like gaming computer rigs....without actually achieving it...it's an over priced dvd player for christs sake....hehe

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Consoles are just not leet, besides why wait in a que or on a waiting list when you can get a PC that has just the same gfx output more games and you can do lots of other things like play proper FPS games and actually have a decent hard drive size.

because an Xbox 360 costs £270 and a high spec pc can cost over £1000

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

because an Xbox 360 costs £270 and a high spec pc can cost over £1000

While at the same time a computer will last you much longer then a console and has MANY MANY more uses.

TBH, xbox sucks. Halo was the only thing that kept them in the running and I still yet to see why that is a good game =/.

Games in general are just not up to par now days. To many kids out there that only care about graphics this, graphics that. If I wanted amazing graphics I'd go watch a good sci-fi movie. Storyline and gameplay is where's it at. I still consider SNES the best gaming system ever. XD

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

While at the same time a computer will last you much longer then a console and has MANY MANY more uses.

right...i have yet to see microsoft release an xbox service pack

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

right...i have yet to see microsoft release an xbox service pack

o.O

The computer my mom uses was bought around the time of the n64.
My dads was bought before the gamecube
My laptop was bought last xmas, and I doubt I'll buy another one before I buy another game console or two. >_>

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Consoles and gaming just dont go, they have to slow down fps games on consoles so you can play them with a controller thats just wrong, FPS games need a mouse to be played properly, and so do RTS games where are all the good RTS games for consoles.
As a gamer consoles are just poor, the only time a controller should be used is when you play beat em ups and some rpgs.

And consoles cost you 40 to 45 quid for games, PC game prices are hrad tp put up they put them up to 35 quid recently for new games - guess what people stop buying the games they go to amazon and get them for 25-30 quid. And console games keep the prices in 3 months the consoles game will still be 40 but you can get the PC games in a 2 for 20 pound deal, and in a console those gfx you have know you are stuck with for years, you can upgrade your PC. And you dont need a highend PC the base unit for my PC was 700 quid 6 months ago and after seeing what the xbox 360 can do its not as good as you think it is if you have been playing games on a decent PC.

summary: consoles are not leet
rant over

rov

rov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
keyboard + mouse > mini joystick + dpad

Advertisements

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Indeed. The PS3 will own it. 15,000 titles at launch. Better graphics. More multimedia options.

-(Anbo)-

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Consoles, boooooh heckle heckle. lol

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Indeed. The PS3 will own it. 15,000 titles at launch. Better graphics. More multimedia options.

-(Anbo)-

You serious? o.O

Although I think the revoloution will have more games since you can download any previous nintendo game for free. XD

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Mind you why you want to play some of them would be ebyond me SNES was good in its day but its not as good as you remember.

At least the PS3 will be able to play the PS2 games some of them are okish still and some of the more classic PS titles still look decent, wouldnt mind playing assault again.

But still, consoles are pants.

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Not 15,000 PS3 games. 15,000 games from all 3 Playstations.