Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unsubcribing so I don't get lots of emails from here

• Please log in to reply

temp850

temp850

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I think this is a helpful site indeed and good on the those that volunteer their time but it was way too hard for me to find the link to unsubscribe from the various threads I had posted in.

I've been getting a lot of emails of late from here and it was frustrating that it took me so long to find a place to put a stop to that. There needs to be a link in the emails for an instant unsub or something or at least a link. Its too complicated.

Cheers

LP

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I agree! I wish the forum software provided a simple link enclosed in the email to unsubscribe from a topic. Let me see if I can make it easier. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, took me a while to find the button as well.

joclyn

joclyn

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
if you go to My Controls, then Subscriptions then Topics, you can put a check mark in the topics you no longer want to be subscribed to (just select Unsubscribe at the bottom, after you put the check marks in).

then, go to Email Settings and uncheck 'Enable Email Notification by default'. remember to click on Amend Your Settings to save your changes.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that button is awefully well hidden...besides the fact that you have to sift through a butt-load of posts to unsubscribe to the one that you want to get rid of

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
At the very least we should be able to put a link in the email that takes you to the unsubscribe screen. Ideally, there ought to be a one-click 'unsubscribe link' in every email.

temp850

temp850

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes, agreed. It spoils a good forum. I've got another five emails overnight and can't seem to stop them!

Edit: Seem to have turned off the default email setting now, that should fix it. Yeah, it would be great if that wasn't the default setting though.

Cheers

LP

Edited by temp850, 28 November 2005 - 10:16 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We've made it a little easier. Future email notifications will contain the following:

You can unsubscribe to this and all topics by clicking here:
http://www.geekstogo...=UserCP&CODE=26

That will at least take you to the correct part of the user control panel where you can manage your subscriptions. I'm still working to see if it can't be done with a single click on a link contained in the email.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i wonder if the link you put in the email...could take you to the unsubscribe section of the forum...but...center the screen on the proper subscription....though..i guess if you could do that...you could just have it unsubscribe with one click