Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Service controller problem

• Please log in to reply

liphook27

liphook27

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Can anyone help

My pc has started to shut itself down, it started up windows then after a minute, it just went off, i restarted and same happened again, on third attempt and 4th, it never even reached the windows startup logo.

i tried starting in sfe mode, but still turned itself off, tried system restore but no success.

i checked the event viewer and had following report The NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

and also another log saying -
The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

with it being a service manager problem i have tried removing hardware one by one to see if it made any difference, when i unplug my dvd writer, the pc works ok.

does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

your assistance will be appreciated

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I presume your dvd writer is a USB device? If so, it may have a problem. If you have another USB device try plugging it into the port and see if it causes problems. That way you can find out if it is the port or the device.

liphook27

liphook27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
the dvd drive is internal and not usb.

the only usb device conected are -

Epson printer

Sagem adsl modem

these both work fine with no issues.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may have device conflicts in either software (drivers) or interrupt requests. Unfortunately it's hard to find out without the offending device hooked up. You might try going in in Safe Mode, tap the F8 key when the windows logo screen comes up.

liphook27

liphook27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey Tyger

I have checked device manager for conflicts but everything seems to be ok, the error as far as i can see is down to a usb fault but device manager doesnt see any problems.

any ideas?