Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS

• Please log in to reply

queenmabtypes

queenmabtypes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am looking at a PC for a friend--She clicks on Outlook expresss and gets message:

"Windows cannot locate file C:\Program File\Outlook Express/msimn.exe". If I click okay it opens my computer. I think this is a "regedit problem as opposed to a virus. Can anyone help. Also, she said it happened after someone took a virus off her PC. Everything else seems to function properly. I did virus scans and spyware scans but nothing showed up.

Thanks for all help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have her try to reinstall outlook express...this can be done by going to the add remove programs in controll pannel...then the "add/remove windows components" area...then uncheck outlook express and press ok...this will uninstall it...then repeat the process to reinstall it..you will probably need the original windows xp disk to accomplish this

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have her try to reinstall outlook express...this can be done by going to the add remove programs in controll pannel...then the "add/remove windows components" area...then uncheck outlook express and press ok...this will uninstall it...then repeat the process to reinstall it..you will probably need the original windows xp disk to accomplish this