Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem setting page file

• Please log in to reply

kuhn01

kuhn01

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am runnign Windows XP home edition SP2. When I start my computer and log on, I get a message that my page file is set to zero. I set it to the recommended 1.5 times my ram for the minimum and maximum and then clicked the set button. Rebooted and I still get the message that my page file is zero. I have a 40 gig hard drive with over 20 gig free. McAfee virus scan showed no corrupt files.

Edited by kuhn01, 28 November 2005 - 12:04 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi Kuhn01

I assume that you have seen this - http://support.micro...om/?kbid=308417

kuhn01

kuhn01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I am runnign Windows XP home edition SP2. When I start my computer and log on, I get a message that my page file is set to zero. I set it to the recommended 1.5 times my ram for the minimum and maximum and then clicked the set button. Rebooted and I still get the message that my page file is zero. I have a 40 gig hard drive with over 20 gig free. McAfee virus scan showed no corrupt files.

kuhn01

kuhn01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I tried all the suggestions in that link but I still cannot set the page file size. I can enter values, click set, reboot and it still says my page file size on all drives is zero.