Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Passwords!?!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lambodiablo

lambodiablo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hey all

i have been told that there is a file on windows that stores all logon passwords. great!

but

how do i find this file

thanks
Josh

p.s yes i know about running the machine in safe mode and then removing the admin paswword, this is just a general enquiry.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
EDIT: Sorry "dsenette" never knew, wont do it again, maybe he never read my post yet. :tazz:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 28 November 2005 - 12:39 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
spike.....i would suggest not giving that info out again on this forum...a little bit too much info for a first response..

lambodiablo....what are you trying to do?

lambodiablo

lambodiablo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
whoa guys

i didnt meen to start a dispute....

all i wanted to know if this file exists and where i can find it...thats all

surely thats not braking any rule, all i want to do is learn about these things

Josh

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it can be breaking a rule...because if we help you find that file...and you are truly wanting to use it for the powers of good..not evil..then..it would be ok...but someone who wants to use that info for evil would also have the info...so we can't help you...it's not an issue of not trusting your use of the information...it's about not trusting anyone's use of that information....so..basically we cannot help you with this problem...sorry.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

desenette gave you the best possible reply here.. Although your intentions may be honorable, there are many out there that could use this same information for illicit purposes..

Thank you for your cooperation and this thread is closed..

Murray