Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows eplorer will not run, Can't enable Norton auto-protect.

• Please log in to reply

Damion

Damion

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, when I log into my username, all I see is my wallpaper. No explorer. I try to run explorer manually from the task manager, the explorer bar blinks for about half a second and disappears along with its name in the processes tab of the task manager. I've always had the icons on my desktop hidden and they remain so. I try to show the desktop icons but I cannot right click my desktop. Also, my norton's auto-protect has been disabled and I can't seem to enable it. Of coarse I've done the usual scans, as anyone else would, to no avail. I've removed many viruses but still the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements