Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer error becaus of db8vb.dll?

• Please log in to reply

SIhuze

SIhuze

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Last night one of our pc was infected with at least spysheriff. While trying to fix it I had to transfer files form my work pc (witch has XP Pro installed) to it because the popups where out of hand on the infected pc. Now my work pc won’t load explorer.exe. It says that db8vb.dll is the cause of it. I have no taskbar or desktop icons but I can Ctrl+Alt+Delete my way to the task manager and load cmd.exe. From there I can get around windows just fine and start any file I wish. Any Ideas how to fix this? If you need any more information please let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I would start with downloading, updating and running a free trial of Counter Spy:

http://www.sunbelt-s.../CounterSpy.cfm

Don't bother with the free ones like Adaware, you'll just be spinning your wheels.

SIhuze

SIhuze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
quick update. I managed to download and run Ewido. it foind 536 infected files. after that I got my desk top back but I still get something trying to run in the back ground. I am downloading CounterSpy now.