Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Explorer Modifications...

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Ok, so first official question to you folks.
I've reinstalled my OS, formatted, the whole shibang, just a few days ago, and have things back the way i want them.

I've still 1 small annoyance. I want to be able to look in my computer, and be able to tell at a glance how much space i use on each drive, not just the free space remaining.... But no such column exists...

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

PS I'm not that bad with the registry, and know my way around windows generally... So skip some of the lesser details if you wish.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
when you right click and select p roperties on the drive in question within mycomputer it tells you used space...and free space..

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Yeah i know that... I want a Column in the detailed view telling me used space.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i don't think that's gonna happen unless you modify the windows schema....which i suggest you don't

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Ok, i agree that shouldnt be changed, but let's entertain the notion, for a moment, that i wanted to do it anyway, because i have full backups and all, how would i go about trying to do this?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
heheheh not gonna happen.....there are very few people qualified to modify the windows schema CORRECTLY...and i can promise you that they wouldn't post the instructions on a forum....it's not safe...and 9 times out of ten...it doesn't work (at least...doesn't give the desired effects)

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
lol :tazz:

Well it was worth asking :)

Thanks.