Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

grrr...Mcafee troubles

• Please log in to reply

japazo

japazo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have all the latest Mcafee products (Security Suite, Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spy, and Quickclean). When I first installed them they were working ok but with one small problem...I couldnt connect to update my product. I was recieving script errors. I googled this problem and came to the conclusion that I neded to update my script service to a newer version(5.6 for I.E.). Upon finishing the install and rebooting I found that not only did this NOT fix my problem but it made it about 100000 times worse! Now I recieve script errors with every attempt to launch, update, and even uninstall Mcafee products. Not to mention...I recieve an "Internal Error 2738." --->"Fatal Error During Installation" message when attempting to uninstall either Anti-spy or Quickclean. Ive become quite angered with this problem and went to some drastic measures to delete it...including deleteing all possible files from "Program Files" and deleting all registry keys but ot no avail. Ive come to my breaking point. Cant install, cant uninstall, cant repair install, I dont know where to go from here! If anyone has had similar problems please feel free to post here or contact me at E-Mail Address Removed Ill repost a Log after cleaning my computer incase it becomes that indepth but Im out of time for now. Id really appreciate any help! Thanks.

Error Message:(When Installing)

Line: 43
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
URL: mcp://G:\VSc\Enu\vsoins.ui::default.htm

Please do not include an e-mail address in any post as you may get more contact than wanted

Edited by Keith, 28 November 2005 - 09:33 PM.

Advertisements