Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help cannot play Call of Duty 2

• Please log in to reply

PCgamer490

PCgamer490

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It says my video card does not support alpha blending. I have a 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 video card and I don't know why this is happening. I can play all my other games but this one doesn't work. I heard what u told that other guy(go to the ATI website and download a new driver or something) an I went to that site but now I am confused. Which one do I download to get my video card to support alpha blending?

This is the page at the ATI website that I am stuck at:
https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

By the way my computer specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM
Hard Drive: 92628 MB Space Available, 114400 MB Space On Drive
Video Card: 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Display Info: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Pointing Device: Mouse
Sound Card: SB Audigy Audio [CF00]

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!

Advertisements

PCgamer490

PCgamer490

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was just reading what you told agross who had the same problem that I do and you guys told him to download a few things so I just downloaded directx.9 and Catalyst 5.11 Windows XP Driver for the 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 video card that I have. What do I do now?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello PCgamer490 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

You need to install the Microsoft .NET 1.1 framework in order to get the driver to work. You can download .NET from the Windows Update site.
After you've got .NET install it, then DirectX and then your driver.