Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble opening certain applications

• Please log in to reply

PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi. i'm running winXP on a dell inspiron 9300, 512mb ram, 1.6 ghz centrino processor. I have had trouble running Google Earth and now Crap cleaner (aka ccleaner). The problem i had with google earth was i would clikc the icon to open it, and nothing would open. i then opened the task manager to discover that it was listed in the current processes, but not appearing in any way on the screen. today the same thing happened when i opened ccleaner. i would really like to know what is causing this and how to fix it. here is what i have tried so far.

-uninstalled, restarted, then re-installed the applications with the same results.
-windows system restore to a previous date when the programs worked correctly.

thanks for your help or suggestions

Advertisements

PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
dont know if this will help...here's what is running

Posted Image

Posted Image