Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Toshiba satellite laptop powers off

• Please log in to reply

w1f1

w1f1

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Toshiba satellite (1135-s155) turns on for 15 seconds then shuts off by itself.....
I am a comp tech, and have tried booting into Bios, with and without power plugged in, and it still always powers off after 15 seconds.
it was being used as a desktop and wasnt moved, so there isnt any signs of damage or abuse
powers on with or without the battery installed.

thanks for your help

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you opened the case and checked for dust bunnies?
is it a constant 15 seconds? or does the time that it stays on fluctuate?
does it jsut quit displaying...or does it really turn off (HD stops, no fan sounds..etc...)

it's possible that either the power cable is dead...or the plug on the back of the machine is no longer working....which would mean the battery is dead...and can't be charged...nor can the machine be run on wall power...hence the constant turn off

w1f1

w1f1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
well, the power cable obviously cant be the prob, because it still turns on with out the battery.

second, it "really" turns off

and i have also tryed without the HD, memory, optical spindle, and memory

and yes constant 15 seconds

I am starting to suspect the power supply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
could also be the power supply (but could still be the power cable...or it's connection to the laptop)..depending on how long this has been happening...there is a possibility that there is enough residual power left in the main battery to allow the thing to churn for a second or 15...(not 100% likely..but possible)...check your PSU and see if it looks like it's damaged

w1f1

w1f1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
well, with the power cable plugged in the charge light comes on, and the battery is completely Removed

the PSU fan comes on, and no signs of abuse-- its a really clean machine, interesting seeing the customers house though lol

cxp138

cxp138

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have the same problem and was wondering if you ever solved it?

Thanks!