Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Viewsonic P815 Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply

mrongey

mrongey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Viewsonic P815 CRT Monitor. One day, all of a sudden, the screen squeezed itself into a bar about a quarter of an inch thick down the center. I can tell that the picture is there, it is just scrunched. I tried everything tech support told me to do. I pushed the sequence of buttons to expand the disply, still nothing. I came across a webpage a while back that said something about replacing a transistor to fix the problem, but I can't find it again. Can someone please help me?

Oh yeah, I was plugging something into the USB port on the base of the monitor when the picture shrunk, if that helps.

Thanks

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

You need to do a quick easy troubleshoot here.. Either try a different monitor on your system.. if it works, the problem is in your monitor (sounds like the vertical went on it).. or, try your monitor on another system..

Murray

mrongey

mrongey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Other monitors work fine on my system. I haven't tried hooking the P815 to another machine though. is there a way to fix the vertical?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not for the ordinary user.. Means opening up the monitor and replacing/repairing .. Cost for the repair can be close to a new monitor..

Murray