Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall Easy CD Creator 5 Premium

• Please log in to reply

Lori32

Lori32

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I installed Easy Cd Creator 5 on my computer, but when I did, it said it was missing some dll files and suggested I reinstall Direct CD. Did so and it still didn't work. Now I would like to uninstall it and it is not letting me. There is no uninstall opption in my program files and when I go to Control panel> add/remove programs, it won't let me do that either. So my question is how do I get this off my computer if these options are not available to me?

Thanks,
Lori

Advertisements

Zhequajah

Zhequajah

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Try "YOUR UNINSTALLER" to uninstall most anything. Do a GOOGLE search or equivelent and download a copy, its not very expansive plus there is a trial period.

I have experienced that Windows XP Pro won't allow ROXIO 5 to work if installed after XP has been updated with the new Windows Validation Service. A good working copy of ROXIO 5 it must be installed before service pack 1 or 2 is installed the first time and before you go to Windows Update the first time. Roxio 5 is then good for the life of your computer even after both Service Packs and Updates are installed.
Install ROXIO 5 second after SpySweeper 4.5, this is so you can stop all files of Roxio 5 from starting with Windows using the SpySweeper Shields, ROXIO 5 then won't conflict even with NERO.
I am not sure what exactly Windows Update does but Roxio 5 Platinum is one program Microsoft doesn't want working. Updates won't stop a Roxio 5 thats already working but sure will prevent a new install from working. Just install Roxio 5 and its updates before the first Update of the newest update software Microsoft installs before they actually install any true XP updates. ROXIO 6 and newer are not susceptible to this effect.
I know thats a little complicated - sorry. Good Luck - Z

Lori32

Lori32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am running Windows 98. I just need to get this uninstalled and off my computer. I tried burning a CD with Windows Media player last night. It said the burn was successful and when I put it in my cd player, it reads the tracks, but there is no sound now.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Windows Media Player 9 should have Roxio burning engine

Did you finalise the CD

Lori32

Lori32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yes it finalized and said that the Cd was created successfully. But my main thing right now is how to get rid of Easy CD Creator 5 that I tried to install and it wouldn't work. I had been using Windows Media Player before I tried to install this a couple of days ago and it worked fine then.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then find, files or folders, look for adaptec and roxio

Send any files to the recycle bin, with the exception of any which are linked to media player then leave them there, check you do not have anything which clears the recycle bin when windows loads

look for easy cd

use my computer for look in

Reboot the PC and check it runs, see if you can burn and play a CD, unfortunately a lot of home cd players won't play CDRW so it's another CDR

Lori32

Lori32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks!v I will try that when I get home from work. Will let you know how it works out.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look for Roxio first, though the early versions of easy cd were made by adaptec, when you go to move anything to the recycle bin, check they are for the programme you want to remove

The reason for leaving them in the recycle bin is so that you can restore them to their original location if a mistake is made

You will only need to empty the recycle bin when you have checked everything else runs, and you only need to empty the recycle bin if you need the room