Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CSS probs

• Please log in to reply

MariusCarlia

MariusCarlia

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi, I'm having problems with my CSS game. I haven't tried any other HL2 game but when I play CSS I sometimes see texture ripping. I can fogive that, but then this very wierd thing happened. My screen gets this star affect whenever I'm playing Dust2 and I go out in the open. Sometimes my whole screen gets filled with different textures and whatnot. And it blocks my view of everything, or sometimes just the lower half. I'll post a picture of it if it happens again. It didn't happen before I bought my new MB and processor just yesterday.

I have a Asus A8V mb and a AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ 1.8Ghz. It's a 939 socket Processor.

I wonder if this has been happening to other Athlon 64 3000+ users. I love the processor. It runs great. LOL so much better than my old processor. A Sempron 1.2 Ghz.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello MariusCarlia and welcome to Geeks to go!

Have you tried updating your drivers?, lowering the resolution?, lowering the quality settings?

What graphics card do you have?

MariusCarlia

MariusCarlia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have a Radeon 1600 XT... something like that But the game runs fine, :tazz: except, all of a sudden, it happens. Also, another problem, it happens rarely, like... once a day, I guess that's not rarely. But all of a sudden, whatever game I'm playing, it seems to just freeze and I have to get to task manager and end it through there. It's really annoying actually. I donno how to update the drivers for my CPU, but I'm pretty sure every other driver for every other piece in my computer, except the MB and CPU, is updated.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Do you mean a 9600 XT?
Does it happen on other games?

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 29 November 2005 - 11:06 AM.

MariusCarlia

MariusCarlia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
LOL Oops, yeah, 9600, sorry.

The freeze, yes, on two games so far.

But the texture problem on CSS is only for CSS, DoD doesn't have the that prob.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
It could be a overheat issue. Try reducing the resolution/quality settings and see if it happens again.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 29 November 2005 - 01:04 PM.

MariusCarlia

MariusCarlia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Overheat? LOL ur joking right? I just bought it. Well.. it could be, but I hope not.... hmm... is there a program that tracks the temperature of ur CPU or something like that?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please go to http://ati.com and download the latest driver. then uninstall the old driver via control panel and then reboot the computer. once rebooted install the new driver.

also do you have directx 9.0c installed? you can go to start, run and type in dxdiag. click on the display tab and this will show what video card you have. On the system tab toward the bottom it will tell you the version of directx you have.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I actually meant overheat of the graphics card.

You should also install the latest drivers for your graphics card and motherboard.

MariusCarlia

MariusCarlia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

please go to http://ati.com and download the latest driver. then uninstall the old driver via control panel and then reboot the computer. once rebooted install the new driver.

also do you have directx 9.0c installed? you can go to start, run and type in dxdiag. click on the display tab and this will show what video card you have. On the system tab toward the bottom it will tell you the version of directx you have.

Yeah, I have DirectX 9.0c and I'll install the newest drivers for my GFx Card. But I doubt it's overheating, I just cleaned all of the off it, and everything else when I replaced my mobo.

MariusCarlia

MariusCarlia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

I actually meant overheat of the graphics card.

You should also install the latest drivers for your graphics card and motherboard.

I think I have the newest drivers already, but I'll dl anyway.