Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Brand new system won't burn CD's

• Please log in to reply

KelJu

KelJu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I bought a barebones system off of tigerdirect recently. It came with only a mobo,processor,case, power supply, and duel layer dvd burner. I put everything else in it, and the system was working great but the burner freezes at 5% with everything I try to burn. Could it be a driver conflict in nero? I want to rule out all other possiblities before having tiger direct send me a new drive.

Advertisements

w1f1

w1f1

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
well to rule out the drive and or software, try it in another machine, or uninstall nero and try some other burner soft, or get a linux livecd such as knoppix or DSL linux and try to burn with that