Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Command.com may have insuffient memory..

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I have done everything to get a 16 bit cardfile always ujsed with XP for yrs. Since I lost my internet connection, Winsock put me back online, but also now made it very hard to find a solution to running my 16 bit cardfile with every phone number I need in it.
Please, Please help me get this aplication back.
I already used XP FIX IT to fix any corrupted files and hich I used successfully in the past.
I took all three files, autoexec.nt, config.nt & command.com, copied them from C:Windows\repair and pasted them into C:Windows\system 32. Doing this was supposed to replace or fix any corrupted files.
I am at my last attempt of following the error I recieved when trying to open cardfile in its installed diectory, C:\Program Files. Clicking on it gave me this error;
16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\DOCUM~1\Admin2LOCALS~1Temp\. A temporary file needed for inialization could
not be created or could be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists, and
disk space is avialable.
When opening Musicmatch, the error is; Recording music playlist doesnt exsist, create it now?
Come to think of it a few other programs wouldnt open because of the Target path directory didn't change as I copied and paste it in under a new directory. It did not recognize that the directory had changed.

I really hope you can give me some educated ideas and actions to perform in grasping the problem, then fixing it.
And no I do not have XP CD's or care to think of Restoring everything.
Sincerely,
Classy

Edited by Classy2, 29 November 2005 - 10:58 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
without the xp cd's then there isn't anything we can do for you. please check with our malware forum to make sure you are free of malware

please start here