I am building a custom computer, and i am purchasing all parts from www.newegg.com This is my final version of my comp which will be used for gaming/somewhat of a home computer. It is somewhat of a budget build too, and i am a first time computer builder. i have read reviews on all components and have checked compatibilty, but is still have questions on my mobo and i would like if anyone would take a double check of the compatibility of the components.
1.(MoBo) DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
-I have read a review that this mobo is tricky and is not a good buy for beginner builders.
-I also read that this card does not perform well with low quality RAM, is my RAM sufficient?
2. (Case) COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
-x1 120mm fan, and x1 80mm fan
3. (H.D.) Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6B200R0 200GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive
4. (RAM) CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
5. (PSU) Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL
6. (Processor) AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
7. (V.C.) eVGA 256-P2-N386 Geforce 6800GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
-I'm buying one now, the going SLi later.
The only thing that i am really concerned with is my motherboard. Thank you to anyone who posts. I will be playing games like BF2, COD2, F.E.A.R., HL2, and RTW.