Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xblock

• Please log in to reply

Kivrin

Kivrin

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I heard of a program called Ispynow ... one of the spyware programs that detects this program is xblock. I did not want to download xblock and find out that the cure is worse than the problem. :-p

Does anyone know anything about xblock? Is it a safe scanner??

I searched this site for xblock, and it found a lot of posts that apparently have this program in their logs, but no posts talking directly about the program itself.

Thanks for your help. --Kivrin!!! :-)

Advertisements

JakeDodds

JakeDodds

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ispynow is a keylogging program.
Probably any of the commercial spyware removal programs will work but I recommend Webroot's, Spysweeper. You can get a trial version at their website (www.webroot.com). Make sure you download any updates because you only get one chance on the trial version.
With that and MS's Anti-Spyware (Beta) I have been able to keep my customer's computers clean after (or before) an infection.
Never heard of the program you mentioned.
Good luck,
Jake

Kivrin

Kivrin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks Jake :-)

Kivrin

Kivrin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello Everyone,

They say that this ISPYnow software is the Invisible keylogger, and that it takes a special anti-virus scanner to see it. Has anyone else heard about this? I've scanned my machine and it comes up clean, but according to this software it constantly changes directories and stays hidden, apparently nothing can find it. Is that really possible??

Thanks,
--Victoria