Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ASF FILES

• Please log in to reply

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
My brother just got a new computer and he can't play ASF movie files. My computer can play them and I have loaded the newest verison of WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER and all codexs I could find but it still won't play. Any suggestions???
<_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Try dowloading the Divx CODEC: http://www.divx-dige.../divxcodec.html

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Sorry!!! That file didn't fix the problem. I noticed when I look at the ASF file its hollow instead of filled in like its not a real file. Do you need internet access to view these files????

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts

I noticed when I look at the ASF file its hollow instead of filled in like its not a real file.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this <_<

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
If you view the file in WINDOWS EXPLORER it looks like a piece of paper with the top right corner bent down and an icon on it. Try naming one of your file extensions to .fff instead of .jpg or .gif and you'll see what I mean.
His computer doesn't reconize the .ASF extension.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Try simply renaming the file extension from .asf to .wmf <_<