Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

this was funny

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.nata2.inf...s/americans.gif

oh so funny, lol. If you dont like the US military making [bleep] of themselves in front of a bunch of canadians dont read it.

This might be funnier than apache VS tree.

Edited by warriorscot, 29 November 2005 - 06:16 PM.

Advertisements

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Oh man thats good i nearly peed on myself i laughed so hard.

Don't mess with Canadian lighthouses.... :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
A well-known oxymoron in the US..."Naval Intelligence"... :tazz:

Glad I was Air Force.... :)

wannabe1

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Oh i had plenty of us air force ones like that sent to me over msn, the stoned pilots using the apache to fight trees with the rotor blades, the miriad of ATC cockups, a few funky dances by ground personel pretending to direct aircraft.

Then the great number of screw ups that happen because of the over abundance of money, heard a great story from an old instructer who went to iraq for a couple of tours( loadmaster in choppers):
The chief flight officer(or whateer the particalr guy is called in the us)of a black hawk squadron goes to their CO and say we read about this and thought it would be a good addition to our aircraft, so CO says "yeah sure thing get what you want" they spend 100,000 dollars on a new nav kit for a couple of the choppers, then realise once its in that they hadnt a clue how to use it and its going to cost them more to reinstall the old system than it did to put in the new, and the instructions werent in english. Absolutley hilarious.
Ive got loads like that apparently ripping it out of the USAF is a favourite RAF past time in iraq, you know it takes three amreican choppers to fast rope reinforcememts into an area and then evacuate the same troops and a vehicle back out where everyone else uses just one, absoluely bonkers.

Mind you the navy are a bit odd no matter where you are, to much time in a metal box eating tinned stew everyday and having a pretend war every thursday.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
That was Great!!! :tazz:
and funny also :)

~Dr. Gutstein~

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
roflmao :tazz:

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
*cautiously raises hand, then remembers this ain't school*
*coughs in embarassment, looks at Canadian flag on wall beside computer*

OK, everyone, check this out:

urban legends - the lighthouse

Oh yeah - we Canadians sure are humble, eh? :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
spoilsport....heheh...as the mythbusters would say...it may not be true...but it sure is plausable

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ah but in every myth their is a grain of truth.

shadowkat

shadowkat

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
That's hilarious, yet another opportunity for our military to look bad abroad, oh dear.