Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Reinstallation of XP

• Please log in to reply

Too40shorty

Too40shorty

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok, here's the problem. I've got a laptop that has no Operating System and no internal floppy disk or cd drive. The floppy disk problem is not really a problem, I have an external floppy that works. I've downloaded a single disk boot-disk and a multi-disk boot disk set. Neither seems to work. I used a 6-disk boot set from Microsoft and it gets all the way to disk number 6 and it pops up the blue screen of death with error message "STOP: 0x0000007B...". I guess what I'm needing is a way to get enough drivers onto the PC in order to use my external DVD burner. It's an Iomega SuperDVD DVD Burner/Player. Everytime I try the 6-disk set, I get the Stop code and when I try the 1-disk boot-disk I can get to a command prompt, but I cannot figure out what to do so it'll run the contents on the dvd burner.

Advertisements