Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi there, I don't know how to stop the annoying streaming commercials on some websites.

They are all legitimate sites that I visit often and the video commercials they're all either provided by big companies and TV stations.

I unticked "Play Animation" and "Play Video" options in the Internet options but it doesn't work.

I guess I never had this problem before cos I was on dial up and they could never initiate.

How could I disable them?

Cheers

[attachment=4994:attachment]

Advertisements

becca77

becca77

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

How could I disable them?

Not that I am a Geek to Go staffer/trusted tech - so you can ignore me if you want :tazz:
but if you have Firefox browser you can download the Flashblock , NoScript and AdBlock extensions and nothing will get through unless you allow it.

Edited by becca77, 30 November 2005 - 06:53 AM.

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
So many people have recommended FireFox to me... I guess it's just that once you're stuck with something you're reluctant to change - I'm using IE7 and Opera8.5 atm, will indeed check that Firefox out cos it sounds hot.

Any other suggestions on how to disable the videos in IE and Opera?