Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graphic card for maya

• Please log in to reply

neeraz

neeraz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have 128 mb graphic card installed...

now when i start maya it says ...."your graphic card does not support hardware rendering"

now what...

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What is the gfx card in question? you might want to reinstall the latest drivers for the card, a trip to either the ATI or nvidia website will be needed for that. If it is an ATI card uninstall then reinstall the .net framework 1.1 it can be gotten from the MS website.

Maya is a real pain though, what are you wanting to do with maya, for 3d modelling in general its isnt very good 3ds max is better, and then you can transfer models into maya for whatever you want them for, if you want some good maya info look up a game mod called PDS for homeworld 2 those guys use maya for the models alot and are usually willing to help and have alot of useful guides for maya and converting formats. Those are the only guys i know of that use maya that much like i said its a pain to use and just to get working in the first place.

neeraz

neeraz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeah thanx...

well there are ways to get around problems in maya... each software (Maya and Max) has different procedures and tricks...

earlier when i was comfortable with max and suddenly i was asked to shift to maya, i was shocked to see the way maya worked - its problem in modelling even the simplest of the things... but now after working for six months or so on maya i am finding it interesting... now i prefer modelling in maya only... the way maya smooths character, the way it handles bones and skins - it is fantastic

on the whole i prefer architectural modelling in max and character animation in maya... both have their own plus and minus points.