Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP install error wiaacmgr.exe not copied correctly

• Please log in to reply

Bobho

Bobho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On performing a new reinstallation with a new XP PRO original disk I received this error.

"wiaacmgr.exe not copied correctly the file setup placed on your hard drive is not a valid windows XP system image. There may be a problem with the CD"

It then prompts you to press Enter to retry, or ESC to abort setup or another option to skip. This happened on the original installation just like this time I pressed "Enter" to retry and it proceeded to complete the installation and activated ok. Windows seemed to run ok untill I started loading programs and then the more I loaded, error messages would pop up and programs like Nortons wouldn't run enough to activate.

I guess that I could I have a bad disk, but is there a way to replace the wiaacmgr.exe file?

Thanks for your time,
Bob

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download the hard drive manufacturer's set up utility if it has a write zeros to drive option. Use the full option

If it does not, download UBCD which has a number of drive erasers

http://ubcd.sourcefo...t/download.html

Check the disc is clean

If you write zeros or use a third party eraser with UBCD and still get errors then contact your local Microsoft office for a replacement CD