Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

IBM ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software Problems

• Please log in to reply

USCdeveloper

USCdeveloper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an IBM T42 ThinkPad that was running perfectly until the Lenovo automatic software update feature updated the fingerprint software to the latest version. From that moment on, every time i tried logging on, there would be a TDBG Debugging window with the message "Assertion Failed" and a very uninteligable description of the error. i tried repairing the software - no help. i uninstalled and reinstalled the software - even worse problems. now the software will not run because this error message comes up:

Cannot create remote instance of class 'CID_PassportManager' with interface 'IID_PassportManager' on the server 'psserver'.
Failed to create new remote connection.

Suggestion: Check installation of ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software. The virtual token server (vtserver) is probably not running.

I am totally at a loss. If someone has any suggestions, i am all ears. Thank you.

Similar Topics: IBM ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software Problems     x

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,527 posts
you will probably need to contact thinkpad support for this error.

Serverroom

Serverroom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is easily resolved, assuming you know your windows account has admnistrator privilges. If not, give these instructions to someone who knows the local admin password or whose account has admin priviliges:

1. After logon, open Control Panel ¬ add or Remove Programs. Wait a little while for the list to populate and select either, IBM Fingerprint Reader, IBM ThinkVantage Fingerprint Reader or ThinkVantage Fingerprint reader, depending on your version. Highlight and click 'Change'

2. Select 'Remove' and follow the uninstall wizard

3. Once the wizard has completed, restart your Thinkpad and login using the normal windows logon screen using the username and password of an account with administrator priviliges.

4. Open your web browser and go to the following page http://www-307.ibm.c...cid=TVAN-EAPFPR

5. Download the software package appropriate for your XP or Vista operating system. Refer to the installation instructions also on that web page if you need them However, the installation wizard is intuitive and doesn't require any techie knowledge.

6. Double-click the downloaded file to install it accepting all the default paths.

7. Restart your system and logon using the Windows logon screen

8. Start ¬ All Programs ¬ ThinkVantage ¬ ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software ¬ Fingerprnts ¬ Enroll your Fingerprints

9. Follow the onscreen instructions to enroll and save your fingerprints.

10.Log off and logon again to test your newly installed software. Job done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured