Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Pro-Sound Card Search

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I have been encounter difficulty in finding PNP Sound Chip driver for computer. I have checked with www.driversguide.com but cannot locate. I have copied all various info off the back of the sound card and it reads like this.

A381-F20
EP1_VO 9848
FCC ID LWHA 381F20
ALS120
8CF202047097

On the chip that is located on the card there is a company name and Driversguide has asked me to insert a company name. Would this bee the same name as for the card?

Anyway I know its not your job to do my search, but which numbers should I be using in my search from the above list.

Regards

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install

Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on right for multimedia / audio adapter

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable driver for your Operating System

If you are unable to find it, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything