Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Not working pc.

• Please log in to reply

feroxz

feroxz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I posted this in an other topic asswell.

I need your help, can you help me please?

I builded my own pc, it works fine and plays great.
A neighbour of mine asked me if I could build her a pc too, i thought i could do that. She bought the stuff I selected and i got my parts. Soon after i finished building, i started installing. Nothing on screen exept for check cable connection. I checked it, i put my videocard in again. Nothing. I tested the videocard in my pc, works fine. I tested the monitor, works fine. I removed everything from the mainboard exept for the videocard, processor, psu, powerswitch and pcspeaker: nothing. I reinstalled the cpu and heatsink. nothing.

Im getting kinda despared, i hope you can help my. Im afraid to reset bios/cmos for its a new mainboard and i dont wanna mess with it.

Please help me

Feroxz

Ps. forgive me my english, for i am dutch

edit: system specs: Amd sempron 2800+ 64bit, asus k8v-x se, 1x 512 ddr oem, asus N6200 256mb, maxtor 160gb diamond max.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i can't get a good picture of the board to be sure..but that board may have an onboard video card....on the back of the machine...are there two places to plug a vga monitor into? one down where you put the AGP card in...and one up near the power plug?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you a speaker attachd to the mainboard so you can hear the beep code errors if you dont have a cpu, memory or vid card on the board there should be an error and some beeps. No beeps with either one of those conditios and a working speaker attached is a bad sign and its easiest just to send the board back to the manufacturer and get a new one(its the thing about electronics its kind of a black art sometimes they are good sometimes they are bad)

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Try swapping in different ram.

What psu do you have?

Rick

feroxz

feroxz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its a while ago and i forgot all about this forum, i tried the pc with some of my ram and it worked, so just bad ram, thats all. I switched the ram with my pc, and i have an asus with AI stuff on it, and as soon as i booted the pc it literally said "cpu overclocking failed". I put my ram back in and it worked smooth, so i changed the ram in store and the pc works fine now.