Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disconecting internet

• Please log in to reply

liphook27

liphook27

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey Guys

I have a 1meg broadband connection, the isp is utility warehouse and im using a sagem modem.

the connection has been fine untill recently, but now the internet is cut off at random times, ill leave my pc on whilst i go out to download a file and come home to see it disconected at 5%.

this is really doing my nut !!!!!

the message i get in the event log is as follows -

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

any ideas on how to solve this please?

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
A temporary solution would be to download LeechGet. It can save downloads if you're disconnected and then finish them later. I will research this message that you are receiving.

What anti-virus program and anti-spyware program do you use?

liphook27

liphook27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
im downloading bit-torrents by using the abc client, so it resumes when i reconnect, its just real annoying when i leave it on over night expecting it to be finished by morning, and then find out it disconected a short while after i started it.....grrrrr :tazz:

i use bitdefender as a firewall and antivirus, also got

ad-aware
spyblaster
stinger
cleanup
spybot - search and destroy

any help would be very much appreciated

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Check out this website:

http://www.lvllord.de/?url=tools

Should be everything you need to fix it. Just follow the instructions at the bottom of the site. Let me know how it goes.