Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ripping Music from a CD

• Please log in to reply

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hi , how do i rip a music cd using either Windows Media player 9 or Nero 7 Premium ( I payed for ) anyone know ?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Media player, click rip, as in rip off :tazz:

Open Nero 7 click the musical note, click convert CD tracks to audio files

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I really like using the Creative playcenter program on the drivers cd that comes with their sound cards. Its so easy to rip the files to mp3's. I use the artist's name, track number, and the name of the song as the file name. I can then use nero to burn a audio cd with all the songs in the right order. It's great since i can store the original CD and not have it get damaged. If the copied cd gets damaged i just burn another one. I also use an external HD to store my whole music collection( about 40 gig's worth now). I also like putting my favorite songs on one cd so i get a whole cd worth listening to. I'm just sorry that some of my newest cd's i have bought will not let me copy them. So now i wont play those cd's in my truck for fear of damaging them. Although my wife likes Windows media player, i do not and will not use it.

I dont use those P to P programs to share my music collection. Why should i when i have a great deal of money tied up in them. Some of the downloaded songs i have heard on friends computers are so bad i wouldnt want them from a P to P.

SRX660