Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

npfw32.exe screwing up my cpu

• Please log in to reply

Ensomniak

Ensomniak

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys,

I got this problem on my home pc. I notice I had sumthin running over my connection due to the constant traffic I was seeing. First off let me tell you that I DO NOT have norton installed on my system (I use Avast)...However when I ran Hijack this I have "npfw32.exe" "navupdaters.exe" and "mcafeshied.exe" running and I cannot end them...First thing I tried was to run Adaware then Spybot then Avast, stinger,Spywaresweeper,spyware doctor,xoftspy,System Mechanic(spyware Remover),cwshredder,trojankiller and spywareblaster (all in safe mode)...I also tried deleting them from my system using tried and true "moveonboot". I did a registry search and deleted them. Whew, but alas they keep comming back. ALSO! when I try to open MSCONFIG it comes up for a second then shuts down....BUT if I end task npfw.exe I can then open MSCONFIG, and find that npfw.exe and navupdaters.exe as well as macafeshield.exe are in there several times checked I have tried unchecking them but they are always "rechecked" after reboot...I am at a loss, I have never had something this bad screw me up...I am ready to reformat , but would rather not...Any suggestions...I have tried several online scans as well...

One more thing ....when I run adaware it keeps comming up with Istbar after reboot...

Advertisements

Ensomniak

Ensomniak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Also...I see a "Search Miracle" Malware with the object kalvrfi32.exe in C:\windows\system32 that I cannot get rid of also...I have tried several removal suggestions and still no luck..

Ensomniak

Ensomniak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Problem solved...Topic closed...