Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant uninstall Zonal Alarm to get on net. Please Help

• Please log in to reply

SonDan

SonDan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have seen many posts like this put no answers. Apparently this is a common problem and ZOne ALarm isn't addressing it. I hope someone can help me.

I upgraded my a free version of Zone Alarm and could not access the internet. Previously I had been using Zone Alarm as my fire wall since it first came out, but this last upgrade caused the problem.

I needed to get online. Since I coulnt figure out how to get access I uninstalled ZA and still couldnt get on! I then was able to access a pc and get to the ZA site and tried to remove all of the other hidden files it had installed all over the place. I got them all deleted, but two that could not be removed no matter what I did. The system said the files could not be removed beacuse they were being accessed and yet I saw no trace of them running.

Please please help me get rid of this demon ZA. IF I can ever get rid of it I will try to fina a new Firewall.

Please please help me get back online!

Please please help me get my pc back!

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi and welcome to G2G.

You could give this free trial a try: http://www.soft32.co..._-102934-5.html

Not used it myself but this is what it is supposed to do:

Uninstall Plus! helps you to completely uninstall software from your computer. It launches the uninstall program for selected entries, and automatically searches for any orphan references in the registry or empty folder once the install uninstall has finished. If it finds any remnants, it displays them in a list and offers to remove them.

kevin66

kevin66

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[quote name='SonDan' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:10 PM' post='466338']
I have seen many posts like this put no answers. Apparently this is a common problem and ZOne ALarm isn't addressing it. I hope someone can help me.

I upgraded my a free version of Zone Alarm and could not access the internet. Previously I had been using Zone Alarm as my fire wall since it first came out, but this last upgrade caused the problem.

I needed to get online. Since I coulnt figure out how to get access I uninstalled ZA and still couldnt get on! I then was able to access a pc and get to the ZA site and tried to remove all of the other hidden files it had installed all over the place. I got them all deleted, but two that could not be removed no matter what I did. The system said the files could not be removed beacuse they were being accessed and yet I saw no trace of them running.

Please please help me get rid of this demon ZA. IF I can ever get rid of it I will try to fina a new Firewall.

Please please help me get back online!

Please please help me get my pc back!
[/quo

just a thought. zone alarm has an internet lock feature maybe it was switched on, in which case you would have no access to internet. try re-install and turn off this feature. then uninstall if you still wish to. although zone alarm works well for me on my xp system. good luck.

kevin66

kevin66

• Pip
  • 3 posts
just a thought. zone alarm has an internet lock feature maybe it was switched on, in which case you would have no access to internet. try re-install and turn off this feature. then uninstall if you still wish to. although zone alarm works well for me on my xp system. good luck