Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP was not booting; irql_not_less_or_equal error

• Please log in to reply

Caos

Caos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there

My father's computer was having this error while booting:

irql_not_less_or_equal

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000166, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804e5433)

It was appearing in a blue screen and I searched in this forum in the message named:

"Xp won't boot NO MATTER WHAT!"
URL: http://www.geekstogo...opic=79495&st=0

I followed all the instructions suggested there without any good result... the RAM is Kingston and it works just fine... then I thought about the MBR and it suddenly came to my mind a problem with this same machine some months ago...

What I did was to follow the first instruction in this page:

http://www.microsoft...kd_tro_ldau.asp

... in order to rewrite the MBR, and it solved the problem! (for a while I'd say...)

I did this procedure a few months ago and I am repeating it now, but I don't know why it repaired this computer... Can someone help me out with it?

That's my first question and the second one is after the following paragraph:

This last time I repaired this computer's MBR, I was so happy it was finally working fine that I went to my kitchen for a piece of pizza and when I returned (10 mins aprox) I saw in the monitor how the screensaver had already been loaded and changed to the "energy-saving mode", but exactly in that moment it splashed a blue screen with something I couldn't read... It restarted, it went to safe mode and it restarted again by itself, then it loaded into XP Normal mode and it's already working just fine.

What's going on with this computer??? It's a Celeron 1.8MHz 128MB RAM... no extra sound, graphic, or other cards... just the sound and it's working fine...

I will really appreciate any help.

Thx in advance

Advertisements